Some Notes about Blog Audience
Talking about blog audience at Grace’s. These links didn’t come up explicitly, but remembered during the conversation.
- State of the Professional Blogosphere
- Suppressed, an alternative to private
- Adult blogger reaction to MySpace, Danah Boyd wrote about this, but I can’t find the post.
- “Professional Bloggers” who let their other interests leak into their blog.
- Contrary to expert opinion.
- Categories/tags to manage posts.
Subject Matter expert on mySpace.
- Use stance - using mySpace to meet people considered dangerous.
- Everyone, in their community, has mySpace or Facebook accounts.
- Using it to keep in touch with a circle of friends.
- “You don’t think your parents are going to look at it.”
- Law Enforcement trolling mySpace to find ‘miscreants.’
the worst that happens in the real world, will happen online.
Do you need a separate blogging policy? Not really, it’s part of general communications policy.
Back in the day, we didn’t show our piercings and tattoos at work, is blogging like that?>
Memoir, and memoir-izing events to distance yourself.
The “no blogging” light, when is it lit?
ETA Blogger adds returns... grrrr.