Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bullet Points o' News!

I'm back from South by Southwest/SXSW, still feeling funky from drinking tequila. Why did I do that? Why did I drink all that tequila? Why, why, why? Now I'll have to get my blood transfused and pump in some fresh blood cells, just like Keith Richards.

Because I'm firing off only the most random of synapses (tequila!), I'm reduced to simple, bulleted hot news items:

  • The most important news? Chris Heuer and Kristie Wells set a date for the wedding on 7/7/07! Jackpot! Go over to their blogs and wish them 7 x 7 x 7 layers of happiness! Congratulations to this beautiful couple, two extraordinary individuals, loved and respected by all.
  • A WoolfCamplet has been announced for Saturday, March 25th at Squid's house. This will be in honor and celebration of Jo Spanglemonkey, the big hive mind behind the WoolfCamp concept. Go on over to the wiki and sign your fine self up.
  • Further to the wiki, I'll be moving text around in the next few days. The main page will serve as a home base with general information about WC. I want to create a do-it-yourself WC page for folks who want to"make camp" in other areas of the country such as the Pacific Northwest (suggested by the delightful Janeen, a BlogHerista and friend to many), and in Chapel Hill, North Carolina (after talking with some North Carolina guys I met at SXSW). I already moved the WC Winter info to its own workspace/page and will create more links for the upcoming WC-let, and....
  • ...another wiki page for the possibility of a WC the day after BlogHer! Lisa Canter, Liz Henry and I talked about this at SXSW. It would be perfect after BlogHer, an extension of the conference hallway conversations, and a way to offer the "un-conference" experience to the BlogHer community. We have lots to think about - where should we do this? How can we accomodate more campers? So, clearing space on the wiki for this venture will be necessary to plot and plan.
Now, what do you think? What's up? Why don't you all check in with a comment or a blog post?

Last cool thing:
  • "WoolfCamp" was mentioned in awe by our pals like BlogHer founders and, dig this, random bloggers at South by Southwest! Our excellent idea of a gathering focused on blog writing has stirred the imagination of fellow writers and techies from all points in the Geek Universe. How about that?

Peace to all from Santa Cruz,
Grace

5 Comments:

Anonymous Janeen said...

Oh, yes! A WoolfCamp after BlogHer would be most wonderful. I'm taking a whole week off for BlogHer. Gonna rent a car, too. Can't wait.

10:13 AM  
Blogger elkit said...

Why'd you drink all that tequila? Because it's nectar of the Gods, that's why!

And I won't forget that I still owe you a margarita and a chocolate martini.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Kristie Wells said...

I have three words for you Grace.

I love you.

I count my lucky stars for the opportunity to be affected by the goodness (and sometimes badness) that you are. May there be more than one tequila shot in our future together. :)

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Marilyn said...

A WC the day after BlogHer sounds enticing!!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santa Cruz, beautiful name

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home