Sunday, July 30, 2006

more

Lynn: blog called unnatural history. I also have a livejournal, which carries many of same pieces but also have more personal stuff that I don't right out there under my full actual full name. And I have a neglected perv blog. I did not go to blogher. I did go to 1993 romance writers of America in St. Louis when St. Louis was in the flood and I am still wearing some of the clothes that I bought/had made for that.

Kimberly: music and cats.com
I could see people's eyes glaze over when I identified my blog, like they were thinking crazy cat lady. I found myself not wanting to explain myself, an interesting piece for me. I found BlogHer quite interesting. Felt a bit like high school. I enjoyed it at times and at times my inner introvert came out.

Pam. I blog at beancounters. I liked Blogher, no problem with clothes except which of my great t-shirts. I think it is because I had the inner/eye on style because I already knew so many people going. I knew if I would dress to impress them, I should dress the way I always dress. I went a little more casually than at work. I knew there would be a broad range of style choices, I wouldn't fit anywhere and it would still all be good. Well, I'd fit in between. I would have preferred more effective moderation/facilitation. Here's who we are. . .

Elka: elkie in wonderland, blog on the blogher blog. I wanted to go last year but it was sold out. The main reason for me to go was the networking. I enjoyed the broad range of difference. Unlikely to see such a broad range at a male conference, which would be more homogenous. For the sessions, I second what Liz and others said: some too broad and deteriorated, moderator training would be a great idea. Liked seeing friends, met lots of new people. I wanted to meet a lot more but I was overwhelmed. I am here because this is smaller event.

Jeanine Armstrong: now getting paid to blog for clubmom! Emotional impact last year was less. Last year so exciting. Women who write are my rock stars. It was so thrilling. I was anxious about what to wear and I went shopping for new clothes: I am becoming different and I am changing my outer persona. I brought cards: this was new. So many things changing for me. It is about being around the different women, connecting, talking, absorbing, people so cool/smart/funny and wanting to be a part of that. And pushing myself out into the world. I am really really happy to be at woolf camp.

Susan Kitchens: 20/20 hindsight is my blog for years. My new site is family oral history using digital tools. familyoralhistory.us. I want to turn the new one into a business. Last year, I got in under the wire after it was sold out by doing audio recording. There was no sense of closure. If I hadn't been so tired yesterday, I would have grabbed the mic and ask for some praise for the main organizers but I was so tired. . . . give it up for them.

5 Comments:

Blogger ...e... said...

ha! SPAM. time to add comment moderation and funny word security :)


and Kimberly isn't a crazy cat lady, she's an architect!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I turned off comment word security for today - temporarily!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All hello!
Has for the first time bought the machine. It is necessary to insure. Friends have advised buy car insurance online CADILLAC.
But insure only with the experience against 5 years. Can, saw something similar, but with the experience from 2 years?

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home