Thursday, March 23, 2006

Iz's Position on Gay Marriage

I am spreading this post everywhere as this is the proudest I've ever been as a parent.

Today was Iz's parent-teacher conference. It went the way these conferences usually go: our girl is bright and does good work when she's interested and crappy work when she's not. But, yeah, whatever. We all know that Iz is a smarty pants and likes to fuck with or cirucumvent authority.

What made me proud to the point of tears is an Iz essay the teacher handed me at the end of the conference (image below). It is Iz's own take on MLK Jr's "I Have a Dream" speech. She didn't wish for a pony or her own Queen Bee book. No. From the bottom of her heart, she wished that gay marriage was legal. *Sob*

My kid has a social conscience. My god. I'll take that over top marks any day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

What a beautiful child she is, your Iz!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this on your personal blog and hey! I've been spreading it everywhere too! Iz is the raddezt!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home