Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Home Again, Home Again Lickety Split

A huge thank you to all of you beautiful people at Woolfcamp for sharing your spirits, your humor, your kindness and your knowledge. Also, thank you Peter for trying to get me up and running, inspite of the futility of it all (because of my ancient wifi card). I need a new one and I know what kind, thanks to Chris. I managed to post nothing, but enjoyed myself immensely because meeting all of you was just an enormous treat. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, teaching me new skills and for your generous spirits. As a thank you to Peter for his hour of effort, I was his sous-chef and along with my able co-worker, Emily (thank you, Emily), we diced and chopped and washed and dried and left Peter to be truly creative with his delicious Thai curry.

Sunday was oddly anticlimactic. It was strangely hard taking off from Woolfcamp early because that odd sweetness of leave-taking and promises to reconnect at BlogHer mostly went unsaid. I stood at the top of the driveway, smelling the clean & spicy eucalyptus fragrace popping under the brightness of the sun and smiled, silently thanking everyone, and especially Grace, for creating such a special time and space. Thank you, Grace!

And so I look forward to seeing all of you at least once more, at Blogher. But what I really hope is that we can do Woolfcamp South at my home in Topanga Canyon, sometime in the late autumn after the intense heat of summer but while it's still warm enough to play. Being a technical neophyte, I will need loads of help with the organization of it all.


Here's how I knew Woolfcamp would be magical. Two days earlier Roger and I drove northwards with weather that changed by the minute. At times the sun shone, only to disappear under dark clouds and sudden showers and then something beautiful happened...well...here's how it all looked...the condensed version.








3 Comments:

Blogger elkit said...

I saw a big fat rainbow when I left on Sunday. Good omens all around. :-)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Kristie Wells said...

Lin, it was lovely to meet you and I am greateful we had your spirit around as much as we did this past weekend. Topanga it is and I would be more than happy to help with a fall event - logisitics happens to be my strong suit. Just let me know when we get a little closer. Ciao sweetie.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Yay, a rainbow!

What next, a unicorn?! We should have made Malcolm a special hat.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home